- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbs butter, cubed or sliced
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream (plus more, if needed)
Place chocolate and butter in heat-proof bowl and melt over a double-boiler.
In a separate bowl, place yolks and sugar and whip over double-boiler until pale and slightly stiff.
add chocolate mixture, and mix until blended. if mixture is thick, use cream to thin it.
Whip 1 cup of cream to stiff peaks. fold into chocolate mixture.
White Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 teaspoon gelatin (powdered, unflavored)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 7 ounces white chocolate, chopped
Bloom gelatin in cold water.
Heat 1/2 cup of cream and dissolve bloomed gelatin in it.
pour hot cream over chocolate and stir to melt chocolate completely.
whip remaining cup of cream to stiff peaks and fold into chocolate mixture.