Servings:Makes about 1 cup of spiced almonds
1/2 cup (4 oz.) sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg white
1 cup (145 grams/ 5 oz.) blanched whole almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt.
- In a larger mixing bowl whisk the egg white until it’s frothy and thick.
- Add the spice mix to the egg white and whisk to combine completely.
- Add the nuts to the egg white mixture and toss with a spoon.
- Spoon the coated nuts onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the nuts for 30 minutes, or until they turn light brown. Allow the nuts to cool completely and they will get very crunchy. Set aside until ready to serve.