You read that right. I made Milanos. The beloved chocolate sandwich cookies from Pepperidge Farm. We added orange zest to the cookies themselves, rather than adding an orange curd-type layer like the orange flavored ones, which gave ours a bit of uniqueness…all in all, they tasted similar to the originals, which is to say, quite good.
We brought them to a party, so we decided that we would have to package them like the real thing, in the white paper cups. We also put them in a white bag, but the Pepperidge Farm packers/people who made their packaging really know what they are doing and can make their cookies stand up. Our tower of cookies got all lopsided once in the bags. Nonetheless, our cookies made it to the party in one piece and were enjoyed by all!
P.S. This post is a part of my catching up series.
I did a lot of cooking and baking between July (before I returned) and now. I want to share a bit about all of it, but since I do not want to write a super long post, I will share pictures of these things for now, and link to posts about them later.
From top left: homemade Milanos, mini tart pans, bagels
Below: black and white cookies, fresh pasta, waffle brownies
If you haven’t noticed already, I have made some updates to this blog. I have updated the “About Me” and “Work History” sections. I also have majorly changed the theme and format of my blog. I am also playing around with doing more photo editing. I want to make it look more professional and I want to have more personality. Any suggestions/comments are welcome! That’s all for now! Thanks for visiting!
Inspired by one of the things I love, I bring you this list of 5 Things I LOVE.
1. The Joy The Baker Podcast (love you Joy and Tracy!)
(also, I loved meeting you at your book tour in SF, Joy!)
2. Dandelion Chocolate. Obsessed! I can’t wait for their shop to open! (in the meantime, I’ll just continue to buy bars at Bi-Rite.)
3. TOMS. I have 3 pairs now. Yes, I am crazy. But I think it’s a good crazy. Also, while on the subject of shoes, I really like my new find (thanks to a certain someone) Feiyue shoes. So comfy!
(here I am wearing a pair and with said someone.)
4. Rock Climbing. (of the indoor kind; also thanks to that same certain someone) I just learned how in the past few months and I love it!
5. Finding new things to love everyday. Yes, I cheated a little on this last one, but it’s so true, I just had to mention it. If you haven’t tried something new lately, do it! It will make you happy, I promise!
It’s been sooooooo loooooonnnnnnnngggg since I’ve blogged! Where have I been? I moved (a good 9 blocks from where I was). I got a new job. I got a new new job. But no worries….I’ve been cooking and baking through all of this missed time. More on all of that to come! Why did I take such a long hiatus? Short answer…life got in the way. Not a good excuse, but at least I finally came back. Better late than never, right? I know I have a lot of catching up to do, but I figured I’d start out slowly with this quick “hi! I am still alive and well!” post. As I have promised, and somewhat kept up with in the past, I will try to post many times a month. My goal is at least once a week, and hopefully it will be that I post really regularly. While I am figuring this out, and writing the posts about the food I’ve made while I was away, and because I love you, here is a cute picture to brighten your day: