I have decided to participate in National Blog Post Month (NaBloPoMo) for the month of June. It is basically a group of bloggers that commit to posting once a day for a month. There is a theme given by the hosts over at BlogHer, and this month’s theme is FAN.
Mostly meaning “what am I a fan of?” and they have prompts to help get inspired for the day, though I do not have to write about what is on the prompt, nor do I have to stick with the theme for all of my posts. Since this is primarily a dessert blog, I intend on posting about desserts, but since this is a challenge to get me to post every day, I might use the prompts, which might stray away from the desserts. Since this is my first post, I have decided to make a list of all of the things I am a fan of. So here it is, post #1, a list of what I am a fan of (in no particular order):
- Family and friends. Of course I put this one first! These people mean the world to me and I would not be quite the person I am today with out them there for me.
- My education. I am definitely grateful for everything that I have learned both in school and in life. I am always learning and strive to learn as much as I can in every situation.
- Chocolate. As it says on a small plaque I have in my room, “When in doubt, smother in chocolate“. In the case of making desserts, it works; chocolate goes with everything.
- Baking. It is a stress reliever and something to concentrate on when you have so many other things on your mind. It has also become a way of life for me, a quote that I found on a calendar a long time ago: “A true chocolate lover finds a way to accommodate his passion and make it work with his lifestyle.” (by Julie Davis of the L.A. Times) I think this quote goes for anyone with a passion for anything. If you are passionate about something, make it part of your lifestyle. This is what I have done with baking.
- Making new friends. As with number one, above, I enjoy meeting new people that mean a lot to me in my life. They inspire me to learn/do new things and even if I have trouble keeping in touch with them over the years, if they taught me something new, then they are a valuable friend.
- This blog and the blogging world. I started writing this blog because I wanted to share recipes and baking techniques with the world around me. Whether that meant just family and friends, then fine. But through other blogs I’ve read, I’ve discovered that there are many others like me who like a sense of community, even a virtual one.
So those are just some of the things I am a fan of. I think this is a short but meaningful list and it definitely continues to grow. I hope that through this challenge I will learn more about myself and the things I really cherish in life.