I made these blondies for a potluck/housewarming/birthday party that I am going to later today. The recipe is simple, and except for the butterscotch chips, (unless you are like me) involves ingredients that you have on hand. If you’ve baked brownies before, (or any other cookie) then this recipe will come really easily to you. I got it from the Hershey’s website, and it is listed as beginner. It also lists the butterscotch chips as Hershey’s brand, but I used Nestle. (Is that wrong? to use one brand and then follow another brand’s recipe?) I will be tasting them later, since they just came out of the oven, but I am sure they will be tasty, since the batter was good.
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups (11-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S Butterscotch Chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in butterscotch chips and nuts, if desired. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 36 bars.