Even though I don’t need a reason to bake, I think this was a pretty good one: It was the National Food Bloggers’ Bake Sale, for which all of the money raised helps “Share Our Strength”, which is an organization that helps end childhood hunger. I found out about the bake sale on this blog: Dessert First, and from there, you can find out more information about the charity. I made the Better Than Brownie cookies, so I will finally add that recipe to the site (follow the jump or go to the “recipes” page, found at the top of the screen.)
I had a lot of fun at the sale, even though I was there at the end, and didn’t get a chance to talk to the other bloggers/bakers. I did get a chance to hear the author of Cake Bible, and her newest book, Rose’s Heavenly Cakes, (among other cookbooks) talk about the cakes and baking and I got her signature in the book! I loved every minute of that!
I have many more pictures to share, so I will post them as a slide show.
yield: 18 cookies
- 2 cups total chocolate chips
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
-Set oven to 350 degrees
1. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 2 oz. of unsweetened chocolate. Add butter, stir til melted.
2. Mix eggs, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl. Combine thoroughly. Set aside.
3. Mix flour & baking powder together in a small bowl.
4. Add melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and slowly add your dry ingredients. When stirred, add remaining cup of chocolate chips- stir!
5. Scoop cookies onto a cookie sheet. Bake & try not to scarf them down the second they get out of the oven!