Summertime is around the corner. Try not to melt while reading these articles.
This week the specials seem a bit silly/unnecessary like today’s special, the Electric Salt and Pepper Mills. You read correctly: ELECTRIC. These battery powered mills not only “grinds and dispenses freshly ground sea salt or peppercorns at the touch of a button” but they light up. So that during that romantic, candle-lit dinner, you can grind salt and pepper at ease and see where it’s going. Or, maybe use them during a power-outage, though I guess you might get a strobe light effect from clicking them on and off so many times. Anyway, if you want them, or want to give them as a gift (for those dads out there that like ANYTHING ELECTRIC-Father’s Day is this coming Sunday!) just click on that link!
What’s cooking in your kitchen? Here’s what has been “cooking” up interest on my computer this past week:
- Cooking Up Change with Michelle Obama
- A Challenge For A Top Chef: Make Sardines Tasty
- Goat breaks into Bay Area menus
- Make this the Summer of Sammie
- Ooh la la, French toast goes haute
- Table for 2? Get Ready to Wait in Line
- Creamy butterscotch full of flavor for desserts and so much more
- Don’t mess with the chef!
How was your Memorial Day weekend? Here are the articles that I enjoyed in this short work-week:
- The EMD Guide To The 1960s: Commercials
- Chef hopes to change Chicago laws barring gourmet food trucks
- These Chefs Take Great Pride in Waffling and Flipping Out
- Their Future, Made by Hand
- Rainbow food: a culinary trend to dye for
- Recipe Redux: Rhubarb-Strawberry Mousse, 1989
- Dave Newhouse: A chef who sees with her creativity